Distressed

| |


Remember when I used to blog about my manicure every week? Well, I’m really hoping to bring back weekly nail art posts, and I’m happy to kick it off with this manicure. I had admired the distressed look that results from the dry brush technique for a while and decided to finally give it a try to see if it’s as easy as I’d heard. It is. There is almost no way to fuck this up. It’s my new go-to design when I’m short on time. (Move over polka dots!) 

For this manicure, I applied a base coat and then two coats of silver polish. Once that dried, I used a sponge to add a gradient with gold polish. Then the dry technique: I removed almost all polish from the brush so that it was almost dry and applied uneven swipes of polish. To finish it off, I swiped on my favorite topcoat.

What do you think?

3 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love this one! It looks distressed but also sort of vaguely futuristic.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Santina said...

Definitely try it! I recommend starting with barely any polish on the brush and adding more until you get the look you want. Send me a picture!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I think the mixed metallics add to the "futuristic" look. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...