A Look Back At 2013

| |













Well, hello again. I know it’s been a while, and I think I owe you all an explanation. In reflecting on 2013, it was clearly a year when I really focused on my career. My job is demanding and challenging, and it pushes me to be better every single day. While the Type A in me absolutely fucking loves that, another part of me is exhausted. And long days at work mean less time with my partner, the man who holds my life together while I’m busy at the office. So, in order to get time away from my laptop and time with the people I care about, I had to take a break from blogging.

Though I’d be lying if I played it like my insane schedule was the only thing keeping me from blogging. Those of you who have followed Style by Santina for a while have likely heard me complain about my eczema. And while acupuncture cured me almost entirely of it, a stressful few weeks resulted in a severe outbreak of eczema around my eyes. I wasn’t feeling my most photogenic, and it stuck around for weeks and weeks. Luckily, I’ve been able to get it under control by adopting a gluten-free diet.

So that explains my break. With that behind us, let me say that I cannot believe the year is coming to an end. It went by in a blink! The annual “year in review” posts are some of the most fun to put together. One of the things I love most about blogging is capturing the day-to-day moments, and these are my favorites. Did you see one of yours in the mix?

Lastly, I want to thank you all for coming back and checking in on Style by Santina. Despite not posting at all this month, I’ve felt connected thanks to interactions on Twitter and Instagram. I’m not sure what 2014 holds, but I do hope to get back to a regular posting schedule that works for me.

Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Emily Leclerc said...

hola! Eczema... preaching to the choir my friend (also i just wrote quire before realizing that looked very odd - and did i use that expression correctly?) My sister's been getting it bad around her eyes lately, she never even had eczema till a few months ago. maybe ill suggest the gluten-free diet to her. ok i could talk eczema for hours... I know it's frustrating... especially on the face! sooo relax, have some tea. And definitely dont let blogging cause you more stress and guilt! The end.

Aimee Rancer said...

Loving all your looks from this year and of course, your blog! So happy that you're back and better than ever. :) Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014!

Sweet_Laundry said...

Can I say that all of your outfits are my favourite? It's true!

Good for you for taking a break to put yourself and your loved ones first. You should be proud with how hard you worked this year. It's frustrating the effects that stress can have on your body. Good luck with the gluten free diet, I hope it works. And Happy New Year - I hope to see you in 2014!

Eli said...

I'm so bummed to hear how bad it got after you'd gotten to excited about the acupuncture. Sometimes our bodies have a weird way of telling us to slow down. It happened to me early 2013 when I gave myself some itchy thing called Pityriasis rosea from stress and I think I caught mono at some point but when to the doctor too late after I realized what it was - I was feeling sluggish and way out of shape. I think that's what kickstarted me to cut bread out. So I hope you see some positive changes :)

Santina said...

Yeah, it was a terrible flare on my eyes. I got really down about, and spent a few months hiding behind glasses and keeping my head down. I internalize my stress and it expresses itself very strongly, so it wasn't that surprising. I'm amazed at how quickly I saw a difference once I went gluten-free. I hope to be able to wear eye makeup again soon! (This girl has some bags under her eyes...)


Happy New Year, Eli! I hope to see you more often in 2014!

Santina said...

Awww, thanks, lady! That's so sweet of you to say!


Happy New Year!

Santina said...

Thanks, Aimee. Happy New Year to you!

Santina said...

You should definitely suggest a gluten-free diet. I was amazed at how quickly my skin improved once I adopted it. The only downside for me is that while I do eat fish, I mostly eat vegetarian and I love "fake" meat. Most products are full of gluten, so I feel like I need to eat fish more often now. Luckily, soyrizo is gluten-free, so I can keep my breakfast tacos!


Happy New Year, Emily!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...