R29 Nail Art Nation: The Lost Designs

| |

Remember that Refinery29 and Revlon Nail Art Nation contest? Well, I didn’t win. Actually, I didn’t make it past the first round. But as I said before, just making it that far made me feel like a winner! And, the fact that my friend Adiel was a finalist, too, made it that much better!

There were five design challenges, all of which had to be created using the haul of Revlon polish they sent my way. Since only one of my designs was featured, I thought I’d share the rest here on the blog. I’d love to hear which you like best!

The Challenge: Summer Florals
For an unexpected floral design, I went for slightly off kilter flowers inspired by Marimekko floral prints. In bright purple and lavender, this manicure is for no shrinking violet!


The Challenge: White Hot Neon
For a day (read: office) appropriate white-hot neon manicure, I started with a clean white base. Then, using three complimentary neon colors, I created a playful dot gradient.


The Challenge: Black Tie
For a black tie appropriate manicure, I created a modern design using a classic color combination – black and white. The matte black feels fresh, and the pearly white appears almost metallic against it. No special night is complete without a little sparkle, so I finished it off with two shades of glitter.


4 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

It's so awesome that you were asked to participate - regardless of the outcome. And I think black tie is my favorite - I just love how dark and moody they are.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Adiel said...

I agree, just being a finalist was a huge, unexpected thrill. I love these designs and I'm glad I finally got to see them!

Adiel said...

I also love your photos here. Mine were very boring in my lightbox. I should take a cue from you.

Eli said...

Oh dear that Marimekko print one is amazing!!! So cool to see all the other entries you got to do :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...