Feel Good Pieces

| |





Shirt: J.Crew
Skirt: Vince Camuto (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace: Sheila B (Mira Mira)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bracelet: Stella & Dot
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Oh hi. I'm back…and with pinker hair. Of course, my break from outfit photos wasn't that apparent here on the blog since I had a backlog of outfit photos, but I actually took a few weeks off. When the haze of my vacation hangover finally lifted, I realized that it was time to get back to work. For real. And when my work life starts to consume my non-work life, I can't seem to make time for outfit photos. That happens from time to time, but there was something different about this break. It was like I lost my fashion mojo. I'd spend way too much time staring into my far from bare closet, feeling frustrated and unmotivated, only to throw on jeans and a button down before running out the door. Even clothes that I absolutely love didn’t inspire me. I hoped it would flip like a switch and I'd be back to myself, but after two weeks I realized I had to flip the switch for myself. "I will take outfit photos today" I declared on this day. And so I did. I can’t say this is the most interesting combination of pieces; I also can’t say it’s a surprising one. When I’m feeling out of sorts, I tend to reach for “feel good” pieces, like my trusty chambray shirt, a comfortable skirt and one of my favorite pairs of flats. So, here’s to trying, friends!

3 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think it's a pretty solid effort - it's a gorgeous skirt. I hope you're feeling out of your funk soon!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

CarlinaL said...

THAT hair! Love the upgrade.

xo Carlina

AllergicToVanilla.com

Eli said...

Denim shirts are my definite go to lazy day pieces! Especially after vacation on days I barely want to open my eyes let alone get dressed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...