Cloudy Skies Manicure

| |

Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams// Essie Mezmerised // Sally Hansen White On
If you follow me on Twitter, you probably grew tired of hearing me complain about my "vacation hangover". Of course if you follow me on Twitter, you also know that the vacation hangover was soon overshadowed by the more familiar "why-did-I-drink-so-much-whiskey" hangover. Hangovers aside, it's been a struggle to get back into my hectic schedule, and I've felt a little off my game. I've found myself daydreaming about Costa Rica a little too much for a girl who just returned from an amazing vacation, and I think that "heads in the clouds" daze lead to this manicure.

This wasn't first time I've done a cloud design, but like almost every manicure, I like this one better than the last and I'm sure I'll like the next better than this one. It's so easy, and since clouds are imperfect in shape, there's very little room for error. To apply this design, I started with a base coat and then two coats of the light blue color. I allowed that to dry before creating a gradient with the darker blue polish and a makeup sponge. Then, using a dotting tool, I applied overlapping dots of white polish to create the clouds. Once dry, I finished it off with a top coat.

And, if you live in the Bay Area, be sure to head over to this post and leave a comment to enter to win two tickets to the Gilt City warehouse sale next weekend! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...