Checkerboard Manicure

| |


It was only a matter of time before I tried my hand at a checkerboard manicure. Checkerboard has long been a staple in my wardrobe. Growing up, I spent a lot of time at the beach and had a tendency to adopt a beach bum style in the summer. Think: Sailor Knot bracelets and checkerboard Vans. The classic slip-ons stuck with me, and when I became ska obsessed in high school, my love for them grew that much deeper. While I may have outgrown the checkerboard everything and creepers look, there’s always a pair of checkerboard Vans in my closet. (They even made an appearance on the blog as seen here!) And when I saw the Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 collection I found a print I associate with a sense of rebellion reinvented and incredibly chic. I love the revival of checkerboard! And, I also love this manicure. Polka dots have been my go to for a while, but I think they’ve been replaced. I can’t wait to try another version of this design!

2 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with a slight ska obsession in high school...love the manicure!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Ziba said...

How did you do this??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...