Art Inspired Manicure

| |


I don't know about you, but I can't get on a plane without an arsenal of reading material. This usually breaks down to one book and three magazines, two fashion and one trashy. I grabbed the April issue of Nylon before heading to Costa Rica, and I was delighted to find page after page of nail art inspiration. I brought the magazine back with me, having already decided on the design I'd try first. Of course, by the time vacation ended, nail art was the last thing on my mind and it wasn't until I finally unpacked my carry on (don't judge me) that I remembered all this.

The feature included designs inspired by several artists - Monet, Pollock, Matisse - but the Ellsworth Kelly design called to me. The graphic print is simple but the clashing color combinations keep it interesting. While I was happy with the results, I fear my version looked more juvenile than artistic. What do you think?

4 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love this! Such a great idea and the end result is super vibrant and original.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

CarlinaL said...

Such a great looking pair of nails, lady! Love.

xo Carlina

AllergicToVanilla.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...