Neutrals With A Pop

| |





Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
T-shirt: J.Crew
Skirt: Rachel Zoe (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire
Necklace: A gift
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Bracelet: A gift
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

While some pieces in my closet evoke very specific memories, others just remind me of a general time in my life. This jacket falls into the latter category. It doesn't remind me of any one special occasion though I suppose a special occasion might be a stretch for a gray denim jacket. It's more likely to remind me of a particularly amazing shit show of an evening of drinks with friends. Sadly, it does not though I'm sure it accompanied me on many such adventures. This jacket simply reminds me of Portland, and when I look at it, all I see is: rain, black skinny jeans, an emo haircut, and more rain. As much as I joke, I look back at my years in Portland with fondness so wearing this jacket is comforting in a familiar way. And ever since I bought this skirt, I wanted to wear it with this jacket. With a black v-neck tee, this outfit was begging for my new favorite wedges…and I was more than happy to oblige. The result was a mix of old and new favorites, and those tend to be my favorite outfits.

3 comments:

Raven Locks said...

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that really a unicorn necklace? I am kind of obsessed with them lol.


This is a lovely look! Your wedges are adorable. I've seen them in white and nude before, but not this color. It's a pretty hue.


xo Azu


www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

Santina said...

Your eyes are indeed deceiving you. Sorry to disappoint, but the necklace is actually a cow, one of my favorite animals. A unicorn necklace would be just as rad though.


Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Azu!

Sarah Martinez said...

Those shoes! I am about anything in a citron or chartruse lately. Great outfit :)

Pilsner Style

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...