Mix And Match Manicure

| |

American Apparel The Valley // American Apparel Gold Flash // OPI The Living Daylights // Sephora by OPI Only Gold For Me 

I apologize for the lack of nail posts the last two weeks. It was not because my nails were bare. Hell no. I just didn’t think the manicures were worth sharing. One reminded me of football (I don’t even want to talk about it) and the other was a simple gradient created by painting each nail a different shade of blue. I think my obsession with nail art has made simple manicures boring manicures. And, I blame my repeated choice of a simple design on my tendency to paint my nails on Sunday night…later and later on Sunday night. When I have to go with something that will dry quickly, anything with too many coats is out of the question. This time I decided on a mix and match manicure, combining a few of my favorite polishes, glitter and polka dots. I chose base colors that I knew would only require two coats, and polka dots are very easy and quick to apply. Part of me thought this manicure would drive me crazy, that the mishmash of designs would be too much for my OCD soul to handle. But I actually like it. I’ll definitely keep this one in my back pocket for another Sunday night!

8 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I want to see this football-esque manicure!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Adiel said...

I freaking love this! A+

Eli said...

A few months ago I stopped doing any nail posts for good because I realized I suck at it - I tried to do nail "art" and I swear it looked like each of my nails had nipples! I'll leave these posts to pro's like you and Adiel :)

Sweet Laundry said...

I love that you are OCD when it comes to your nails. So many girls walk around with chipped nail polish...makes me cringe just thinking about it. Blue is such a great colour. I need to try some American Apparel polish, it looks like it's pretty good quality.

Santina said...

OMG, I can't. I hated it sooooooo much. And rather than just taking it off, I left it on for the whole week and bitched about it. That's how I roll. ;)

Santina said...

Thank you. Your approval means so much to me!

Santina said...

Nipples?!? Hahahahaha.


I'm definitely no Adiel, but I really enjoy nail art. I find tedious tasks to be soothing and it's become my Sunday routine. It's good to stop and take some time for myself before another week begins.


And, I'm happy to do your nails any time, lady!

Santina said...

I absolutely love American Apparel polish. It usually only requires two coats, and I go at least a week without a chip. It's one of my favorite brands. I pick up a new color almost every time I go to the store. Last time I bribed Ben into buying one for me. He wanted to go to AA and couldn't face the hipsters alone. I told him I'd only go if he bought me a bottle of nail polish. Yes, I am shameless. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...