Valentine's Day Manicure

| |

Sally Hansen Sea // American Apparel Gold Flash // OPI The Living Daylights

So, remember that time I said Valentine's Day isn't really my thing but then posted Valentine's Day outfit and nail inspiration? Yeah, me too. Maybe it is my thing... Or maybe I just like pink and hearts. I mean I do have pink hair and a tattoo of an anatomically correct heart. Hmmm...

I really didn't plan a Valentine's Day manicure, but then I saw this tutorial over on The Beauty Department and decided to give it a try. What better occasion? While Washi tape was recommended I used blue painter’s tape to make the heart stencil. I bought it ages ago, but since I generally hate using tape, I've barely used it. That said, the tutorial includes a tip to use a clean, dry brush to press the edges of the tape, and it really helped. The outline of the heart is much more crisp than the result of past attempts at using tape to apply a design. I absolutely love this manicure! Of course, with any first attempt at a new manicure, I already have a long mental list of improvements for next time, but I might rescind my ban on using tape. This was that easy.

2 comments:

Sweet Laundry said...

Cute! Not your typical Valentine's Day manicure. I usually think of pink and red and lots of hearts. Seeing as how Valentine's Day is NOT my thing, I think I prefer something like this:)

Sarah Long said...

I love this! Teach me your taping ways. Whenever I've tried, it pulls off all the polish. Also, I love the shape of your nails - so many people have long tips and I can't deal. Yours are perfect for a girl on the go! Xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...