A Polished Spin On A Kitty Tee

| |





Sweater: Madewell
Shirt: Jason Wu for Target
Skirt: J.Crew
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (a gift)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

This outfit started with the tee. I got it in my head that there was no other shirt to wear on this particular day. Faced with making a kitty t-shirt office appropriate lead me straight to a pencil skirt. The silhouette has become a staple in my work wardrobe because it always feels polished and professional. While I’m still learning how to make pencil skirts work for me, I’m a firm believer that everything goes with a cat print. And with a black cardigan and a quilted bag, this outfit came together in a very “crazy cat lady goes to the office” way. (And, that is so fine by me.) It also made me think that pairing a pencil skirt with a tee shirt might be the key to transitioning a piece I only wear during the week to the weekend. 

8 comments:

Isabelle Hayes said...

I love your outfit and the photos are amazing, that cat tee is so cute!

Sweet Laundry said...

Back in the day I would have associated the term "crazy cat lady" with an old, spinster woman who never leaves her house. That is definitely not the case these days! All of a sudden a whole new generation of cat ladies has emerged and they are HOT. Although I don't have any cats, I kind of want to be a cat lady :) Great outfit!

Eli said...

Forever regretting not getting this top at Target!! :'( it looks so cute on you, I need this outfit!!

Meghan Noel said...

SOoooo good! I love the teal and red together and that kitty tee is seriously amazing!!

Santina said...

Thanks, Meghan!

Santina said...

Awww bummer, Eli! It was the one thing I had to have from that collection!

Santina said...

Hahahaha. Best. Comment. EVER.

Santina said...

Thanks, Isabelle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...