Sequins, Brocade, And Leather

| |





Jacket: Michael Kors (Nordstrom Rack)
Sweatshirt: Laugh Cry Repeat (Mira Mira)
Dress (worn as skirt): BB Dakota (ModCloth)
Tights: DKNY (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Libby Edelman (Piperlime)

Ring: A gift
iPhone case: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Macy’s)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

If we're going to be friends, then you should probably know that I'm a bit of a homebody. Sure, I love city life and all it offers, but I also love nights that involve little more than delivery and Netflix. And on certain nights - like New Year's Eve - I prefer to keep things low key. This doesn't mean I pass up the opportunity to wear something sparkly in honor of the occasion. No way. Even though my plans involved little more than a stroll trough Golden Gate Park and a trip to Whole Foods I was determined to wear something sufficiently sparkly. The challenge was wearing it in a way that wasn't completely inappropriate for the day's activities. "Casual sequins" calls to mind only one thing in my closet, so I started with the sweatshirt. I wore it over this dress once before and really liked it, so I decided to repeat the combination. An easy way to dress down a frock is pairing it with flats, so I went with velvet loafers. To finish it off, I threw on my leather jacket and velvet loafers. And did you notice the lack of handbag (but cute iPhone case)? I don't think that's happened since I lived on a beach!

13 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I wholeheartedly approve of casual/day sequins - especially on that awesome shirt.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amanda Weiss said...

Holy amazingness. I love everything about this look. I really need to find a perfect leather jacket- you've inspired me!

<3 Amanda

FashionableeMe

Sandy said...

LOVE that sparkly sweater! Also, your look is basically rockstar badass and I can't wait to start following your blog on the regular. Us SF style gals need to stick together :)

http://sandywarhol.com

Adiel said...

Dayum girl! You're pullin' out all the stops!

jentine said...

Based on the title I knew I would love this. I wasn't wrong:)

Sweet Laundry said...

Yes! I'm such a homebody too...delivery and Dallas episodes are my idea of heaven. My trip to Whole Foods outfit usually involves sweat pants, sweat shirt (the non sparkly kind), running shoes, and no bra :) This outfit is so fantastic on so many levels. I've always loved this dress, especially with a sparkly sweat shirt layered over top. A leather jacket goes with everything. And once again your hair is the perfect complement...maybe you shouldn't ever change your hair colour ;)

KatWalkSF said...

The dress as a skirt is sooo cute!

Santina said...

Thank you!

Santina said...

Thank you, friend! And, I just got my hurr did...still pink!

Santina said...

Thanks, Jentine! Happy I didn't disappoint!

Santina said...

Hahaha. Thanks, Adiel!

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda. Something tells me you might know a cool app on which you might find one...Maaaaybe...

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney. I love this outfit, but I really wish I still had a pair of black Docs to wear with it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...