Ruffian Manicure

| |

American Apparel The Valley // Essie Mezmerised

I planned to do a nails post last week, but I was too disappointed in my manicure to follow through. While it wasn’t bad enough to immediately remove from my nails, I deemed it unworthy of the blog and vowed to try the same design – a Ruffian manicure - the following week. With my first attempt, I went astray in two areas: base color and placement. I used my favorite gold polish, but it ended up being close enough to my skin tone. From a distance, I feared it could be mistaken for a gap from grow out. I also applied the top layer too close to the cuticle, so it didn’t expose enough of the base color. Again, it was not my finest moment but like anything else – live and learn. I’m quite pleased with my second attempt! And the colors were definitely inspired by the vacation planning I was doing as I was painting my nails. I recall wearing this combination of blues for weeks after I returned from Baja. It reminds me of the ocean, and I love the ocean.

6 comments:

Sahra said...

the blue looks great in this manicure style!! <3

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Adiel said...

LOVE this color pairing! I think it was very well-executed!

xo.Adiel
IBITTM

Wendy Brown said...

This is fantastic!

Santina said...

Thank you, Wendy!

Santina said...

Ohhh please do! And blog about it - I want to see!

Santina said...

Thanks, Sahra. The colors remind me of the ocean...I've got a beach vacation on the brain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...