Highlighter Yellow

| |





Shirt: J. Crew
Sweater: J. Crew
Skirt: Zara
Tights: DKNY (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Necklace: H&M
Bag: See by Chloe (A gift)

I've worn quite a few variations of this outfit, each time hoping to snap photos. But each time something got in the way - be it rain, a missing memory card or a 9 am meeting. It became a joke between the SbS photographer - ahem, the boyfriend - and I, referring to it as "The-Outfit-That-Shall-Not-Be-Shot" a la "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" from the Harry Potter series. But much as Harry eventually defeats Voldemort, my day finally came when nothing would stop me from getting pics. Yes, friends, sometimes taking outfit photos is exactly like saving Muggles and wizards alike from the most dangerous wizard ever known to walk the earth.

Previous versions of this look included the sweater and skirt - there's just something I love about the two pieces together. I think it’s the contrast of the delicate print and sheer fabric of the skirt with a bold, highlighter yellow sweater. It was quite cold this day, so I decided to add another layer. Teal and neon yellow is an unexpected color combination, but I quite like it. And I really like how the three quarter length sleeve of the sweater exposes the silk shirt underneath. I’ve worn this sweater so many times but never layered over a button down. I'm ashamed and promise to remedy it immediately.

5 comments:

Adiel said...

Omg omg omg! This is so chic! Love all the color!

kim m. said...

the lime and the aqua with your hair is amazing!!

Sahra said...

loooove the neons on you!! <3

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Santina said...

Thanks, Kim! I wasn't sure about the combination, but it might be a new favorite!

Santina said...

Thanks, Adiel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...