A Perfect {Pencil Skirt} Contradiction

| |





Sweater: Madewell
Skirt: J. Crew
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Bracelets: Nordstrom and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Necklace: H&M
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

I’ve slowly been working pencil skirts into my wardrobe, mostly because I made a few impulse buys at a J. Crew sale. You know what I’m talking about. It was one of those magical moments when everything I tried on fit and was on serious sale. Surrounded by the preppy yet quirk aesthetic I adore, I didn’t stop to consider how I’d wear these fabulous new pieces. I just would. 

Pencil skirts really didn’t strike me as a piece I’d find difficult to make my own, but after a few tries, I was still on the fence about the polished silhouette. Then I paired one with a chunky knit, and I knew I’d found my go to styling. I love the contradiction of a slouchy, oversized knit with a fitted, ladylike skirt. Throw in my favorite booties and a few pops of neon? Suddenly I love pencil skirts.

5 comments:

Eli said...

This skirt and its color are divine on you. The way you paired it with the sweater is SO you. These photos of the foggy panhandle are making me chilly! :) glad that fog is gone (even though I know it will be back dammit!)

Raven Locks said...

Hi Santina! I was following you about a year ago, but my blog was unexpectedly deleted. Glad I found you again...you have incredible style. I'm now following :)


Anyway, I really like your slouchy sweater and that skirt. They look fabulous together!


xoxo Azu


www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

thestyley said...

Can we please discuss the silver cap toes on your shoes? And I agree with Eli--the setting here is perfect. Green trees, turquoise skirt, pink hair, neon necklace...you don't need no DSLR!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

This is such a different way to wear a pencil skirt...and I like it!

Adiel said...

This is perfection! Love the pencil on you and the neon really hits the spot! Thumbs up, lady! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...