A Look Back

| |

As 2012 comes to an end, I decided to take a look back at my posts from this year and highlight my favorite from each month. I can’t believe how quickly this year passed! Going through my archives brought back so many happy memories and having a record of the everyday details, which are often the most special, is one of the best parts of blogging.

A few things I noticed while looking back on 2012:
  • There were a few drastic hair color changes! I started out the year with a silvery gray color before softening it a little to a platinum blond. After almost a year of varying shades of white, I decided to saturate my hair in a fiery red color. (Claire Danes was one hundred percent my inspiration.) While I liked the red, it never quite felt like me, and smitten with the pastel hair trend, I made the change to pink. 
  • I became obsessed with nail art. While I spent half of 2011 on a beach with bare nails (and a tan), 2012 was the year for experimenting with everything from clouds to polka dots to leopard print. I don’t see this obsession ceasing any time soon, so expect more nail art in 2013!
  • And, not to brag, but Style by Santina saw its fair share of features this year, including: The Bold Italic, The New York Times Street Style (quite a few times), Mira Mira blog, and the biggest pinch me moment – in Marie Claire!
Thank you all for following along with me in 2012. Your comments, tweets, and Instagram love mean so much to me and I look forward to seeing what 2013 holds for us all! 

Happy New Year, friends!


















6 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year, Santina! One of the things I love about your blog is that you're so humble - I never feel like I'm reading about some big shot. Best of luck in 2013!

sartorialsidelines said...

You are so imminently deserving of all the amazing features you accumulated this year - can't wait to see what 2013 brings!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sweet Laundry said...

Yours is one of my favourite blogs, hands down! So glad you had a lot of blogging success in 2012, you are very deserving.

Of course I love your obsession with nail art because it has inspired me to paint my nails more often :) And can we just talk about your new glasses? I think they are so you and you should wear them more often!

Happy New Year, friend. I hope we get to hang out in 2013!

Santina said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Sarah! Thank you so much for all your comments and support!

Santina said...

Awww thanks, Courtney! Happy New Year!

Santina said...

Thank you so much, friend!


And, I should have showed the glasses more love in this recap. They marked a definite change to my style in 2012.


Fingers crossed we hang out again! I have a few places in mind already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...