Navy, Black And Gray

| |





Dress: Madewell
Tights: J. Crew
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Necklace: Adia Kibur (Gilt)
Ring: A gift
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

So, these tights? Cute, right? Yeah, I thought so, too. Past tense as I only wore them for a few hours before deciding that not just one but two runs made them far too trashy to wear for an entire day. So, I ran to Target at lunch, got another pair, and said goodbye to what were my new favorite tights before tossing them in the trash. Sigh. Tights and I have a love/hate relationship. I love them for keeping me warm and hiding my eczema-ridden skin. They hate me for my clumsy nature and penchant for spikes. At least I got outfit photos, right?

For the few hours leading up to the demise of the tights, I absolutely loved this outfit. The mix of wool, leather and suede felt perfect for fall, and it was a combination of new and old favorites alike. While I tend to add a pop of color to just about anything, I somehow managed to make it out of the door in all neutrals. That said, the pair of tights I changed into mid-day? Magenta. I guess I couldn't resist a little color after all!

11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love the tights but I'd forgotten all about that awesome dress and I gotta say I love that one - the black detail bits are just so pretty.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

R.I.P. cute tights! Every time I see that dress, I like it more and more!

Frannie Pantz said...

Bummer about the tights! I hate when that happens! I do, however, love this outfit! Super cute!

Sweet Laundry said...

RIP polka dot tights. That's so sad :(
I'm happy to see this dress though, I had forgotten about it! I love, love, love Madewell.

Sweet Laundry said...

RIP polka dot tights. That's so sad.
I'm happy to see this dress though, I had almost forgotten about it! I love, love, love Madewell :)

Sahra said...

those boots are adorable! great look <3


XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Santina said...

Pouring some out for the tights... The first snag? Totally not my fault. The second? I blame the fucking fangs on that ring...and the fact that I didn't think to take it off before manhandling my new favorite tights. Sigh.

Santina said...

Thanks, Frannie! I try not to get upset about tights because I ruin them quite often!

Santina said...

They are my current faves. I wear them with everything.


Thanks, Sahra!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! To be honest, I'd forgotten about it, as well! And, I absolutely adore the leather trim... I think I need to wear it more often. ;)

Stephanie Lim said...

Santina! Kurt Geiger should get commission from you because I just bought these boots because I saw them on your Instagram and the stars aligned today when they went on sale for $130. So happy to get the last pair of size 36 with the silver cap toe :) Thanks for being fabulous! ~Steph from ModCloth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...