Moody Monday

| |

 




Jacket: Michael Kors (Nordstrom Rack)
Dress: BCBG Max Azria
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: 80%20 (ModCloth)
Necklace: All Saints
Ring: A gift
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)

I’ve had this dress for years, and to be honest, I thought I sold it at Crossroads or Buffalo Exchange before moving into the new apartment. But for some reason, I woke up on a Monday thinking about this dress (and only this dress). It’s not really consistent with my usual Monday aesthetic – comfortable and as much like pajamas as I can get away with in public. Actually, it’s quite the opposite, something uncharacteristically fitted. And even more unusual, I did what I always want to do but talk myself out of in the end – I went with shoes I love but aren’t necessarily the most flattering. It may have been a moody Monday but it seems it was a self confident one, too.

5 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Love it! And not just because it's super touch looking - you look seriously great. And I think those shoes are plenty flattering.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sweet Laundry said...

Love the emo vibe of this outfit. You would fit right into never ending darkness Toronto right now, with the all black. The shoes are fab and you look great for a Monday morning :)

Santina said...

Haha! It's totally an emo outfit. To be honest, this dress was one of my favorites when I lived in Portland. And, that was as emo as I've ever been - black hair, black clothes. ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I'm always torn when it comes to these shoes and tights. I generally like to wear the same color tights as shoes, and while I have a bunch of different gray tights, none of them look quite right. And with black, the shoes cut my leg, and I think it makes my legs look stumpy. Sigh. Life is soooooo tough. ;)

Macie Rae said...

super stoked i came across your blog. you're great.

amen fashion, xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...