Learning To Love Pencil Skirts

| |





Sweater: Zara
Skirt: J. Crew
Booties: Kurt Geiger
Necklace: c/o Lydell NYC
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs

I know I recently said I wasn’t sold on pencil skirts, but when faced with a J. Crew super sale, I decided to add another to my closet anyway. I’m determined to find a way to wear them that feels like me. I think part of my hang-up with pencil skirts is that I don’t think they’re the most flattering shape for my body. It’s the same hang-up that keeps me away from certain interesting (but unflattering) proportions. On this day, I told myself to get over all of that. I wore the skirt with booties, a combination that does nothing to extend my legs. But I love the rich color paired with the metallic cap toes of what are clearly my favorite booties. A crispness in the air made it feel like it was officially fall in San Francisco (of course, now it feels like summer again), and I took advantage by pulling out one of my favorite sweaters from last season. When I put this together, I was already planning a backup outfit, but I was surprised to find that I absolutely loved the mix of proportions. I think this might be my new fall uniform…

3 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think the silhouette looks just fine - and I'm dying over the sweater and cap toe combo, so cute!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Melissa said...

I love the color of the skirt. I think you look great. That sweater is amazing, as well.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Neris said...

LOVE your sweater! looks so cute with the pencil skirt!

xoxo,



Fashion Fractions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...