Just Because It Matched My Hair

| |





Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (a gift)
Necklace: Monserat de Lucca (ModCloth)
Bracelets: Tory Burch (Nordstrom) and H&M
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Bans (Saks)

I had every intention of scheduling posts before I left; really, I did. But I decided to spend my last week of work spending time (read: drinking) with co-workers who I consider friends and knew I'd miss seeing each day. So, these photos were actually taken before my trip to Mexico. I mention that for two reasons: 1. I now have a healthy glow from a week in the warm, Mexican sunshine. 2. My hair is no longer the lovely dusty rose color it is in these photos; it has faded to a lighter (though just as lovely) pink. Alas, when I got dressed this day, I searched my closet for something that would compliment my freshly dyed hair and came up with this dress. I'm not sure why, but pink hair makes me want to dress in matching hues. Those of you who have followed Style by Santina for a while know that I like to experiment with my hair color, and while I have loved other colors as much as this pink, I don’t recall the same compulsion to dress in a matching color. In fact, as a redhead, I avoided red as much as possible. So what is it about pink? I don’t think it’s worth much thought – it’s just fun. Pure and simple.

What about you? Does your hair color make you more inclined to wear certain colors?

3 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I hope you had a great trip! And I love this dress on you, the pattern's awesome.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sarah Long said...

Just because it matched your amazing hair and also because it's stinking cute. What a great dress! And I can't wait to see your bronzed and pale-pink-haired self soon! So excited for all your big things happening. You are so #getitgirl status, I can hardly even... finish my sentence. Xo!

Jules said...

great dress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...