Baja Love

| |







Oh...hi! Sorry about that abrupt break from blogging, but I spent the last week on a much needed (and rather last minute) vacation! September really kicked my ass, so when I found myself with an opportunity to take a vacation, I didn’t think twice – Mexico! Besides, I like starting a new job with a bit of a tan. Oh yes, the new job; something I’ve kept quiet about here on the blog… As many of you know, when I moved to San Francisco, I almost immediately landed a job at ModCloth, a company that combined my love of fashion with my love of all things nerdy. When they said I could wear whatever I wanted, they meant I could wear whatever I wanted. I was surrounded by women with style and technical skills to match, and it was empowering and fun and the complete opposite of every job I had before in the best possible way. But I’m always tempted by change, and I'm super excited about what lies ahead!

So now that we’re all caught up on how I found myself with time for a vacation, let’s talk about the vacation. It was amazing. It felt so good to be back in Mexico, a little like going home again. As those of you who have read Style by Santina for a while likely remember, I lived in Mexico, in Sayulita, Nayarit to be exact. I cherish the time I spent in Mexico and will always regard it as one of the happiest of my life, so I couldn’t wait to get back. This time the boyfriend and I headed to Baja California Sur. Unlike the lush rainforest of Nayarit, the beaches of the Pacific side of Baja are surrounded by mountains and desert, cacti and palm trees. The days were lazy and exactly what I needed after a stressful month, and I slipped right back into my old ways, stuffing myself with ceviche, drinking Micheladas the size of my head and speaking Spanish. It reminded me of all the reasons I love Mexico - the people are warm, the food is delicious, and the weather – especially in October – is an absolute dream.

1 comments:

Emily said...

i demand more details on this new job! :P


congrats my dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...