An Oldie But Goodie

| |





Sweater: BCBG Max Azria
Dress: Moulinette Soeurs (Anthropologie)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (a gift)
Bracelets, Rings, and Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace: A gift

I’ve finally made it through the outfit photos taken before my vacation in Mexico, so go on and tell me I look a little tan. Just a teeny bit tan? (Please say you agree.) Of course, I know it’s nothing like this, but I think I came back from Baja with a healthy glow.

I returned to San Francisco just in time for another bout of warm weather, and I took advantage by wearing a dress and no tights. Of course, I did pause to consider if this dress is a little too short for my new office environment. In the end, I ran with it mostly because this dress is an old standby. I’ve worn is so many times, and I always feel good in it. There's also nothing fussy about it. Since starting my new job, I find myself putting together easier looks centered on some (older) closet favorites. I think it’s my way of adding an element of comfort and familiarity to a new situation. Not to mention I have to remind myself that I no longer work in fashion. Sure, I have no intention of losing my sense of style, but I would feel ridiculous prancing around in the shortest of minis and sky-high heels! 

3 comments:

Sweet Laundry said...

This dress is one of my favourites and I love it layered with the cardigan. You definitely look like you got some colour while on vacation (and I'm not just saying that)! I'm also DYING to know what the new job is. My guess is you work for some food company...or Google :)

jenn said...

this fashion company misses you, but go get 'em tiger! no one said you can't wear those sky-high heels with a cigarette pant, or a skinny mini with killer boots and tights. my real question is whether the razor blade has made an appearance!

Santina said...

Haaaaaa! The razor blade has not made an appearance, and considering that it even caused a stir at said fashion company, I don't plan on rocking it to work anytime soon! ;)


Awww, miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...