Style Challenge: Borrowed From The Boys

| |





Shirt: Alexa Chung for Madewell
Pants: Kate Spade (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Nine West
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

When Meghan mentioned a tom boy style challenge, I knew it would be an easy one for me. It’s no secret that I love boyish looks, not to mention – ahem – haircuts, and my go to casual looks always seem to involve at least two of the following: boyfriend jeans, a button down (often stolen from the boyfriend), or oxfords. Since this wasn’t much of a stretch for me, I feel no guilt in confessing that I didn’t put this outfit together specifically for the “challenge”. I had them queued up and ready to go, but the outfit meets the requirement and I just want to finally participate in one of the style challenges! (By the way, I cannot wait to see my sister from another mister, who is so not boyish, Angie rock some menswear!) 

The simplicity of this look from a few weeks back renewed my love for cleaner looks that focus on tailoring and quality rather than flashy details and trends. My closet was lacking a classic pair of cropped black pants until very recently when I scored this pair at Nordstrom Rack. One pair, my size, a fraction of the original price – no brainer! I kept to equally classic counterparts with a silk button down and pointy toe heels and then added a few pops of color.

Be sure to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in this Style Challenge:

9 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think you look great - I am a big fan of simple, menswear inspired looks so this is right in my wheelhouse. And I love the touches o color you added.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

holleighz said...

You always have a perfect mix of girly and tom boy. Love the way your hair is fading out, by the way! (I've been thinking it for a few posts but keep forgetting to comment.)

Jade said...

Loved this challenge, you did it wonderfully!

Jade

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I love the fit of your polka dot top and the blue necklace under the collar. I was directed over here from Angie, and I'm glad I stopped by (it's been a while). You look great, Santina!

Meghan Noel said...

I love this, Santina!! You and Angie are the perfect window set! BTW, I'm loving the pastel pink hair just as much as the brighter pink! You look gorg!

kristian satterlee said...

You look fantastic. Its such a playful blend- menswear looking lovely.


www.withoutastyle.com

Manners and Moxie said...

You always do a great job with menswear inspired looks. The pants were such a great find and I know you'll get tons of wear from them. Of course your hair is the BEST accessory :)


xo
nic
mymannersandmoxie.com

Sahra said...

sucha fun top!!



XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Dana Walls said...

Love, love, LOVE the necklace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...