Sequins, Suede, And Studs

| |








Sweatshirt: Laugh Cry Repeat (Mira Mira)
Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Modern Vintage (Gilt)
Rings: A gift and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

A few weeks back I was asked to be part of a photo shoot (more on that later!) to which I had to wear my own clothes. Obviously, the first thing I did after committing myself to the shoot was to hit up my closet and put together as many options as possible. I love options (which also explains why I perpetually over pack). I came up with about five looks before stopping myself; sure, I love options but too many can overwhelm me. I was asked to wear only one outfit to the shoot, so when it was over I still had four outfits already planned and put together in my closet – perfect for sleepy mornings when I am simply too tired to put in much effort. This was definitely one of those days, so I was more than happy to pull from my outfit backlog.

I’ve worn this sweatshirt many times (as evident here) and I love it more every time I do. This time I layered it over a sleeveless sheer top, playing with the proportions of the cropped sweatshirt and asymmetrical hem of the shirt. The blue shoes not only added a pop of color but also a feminine touch to my boyfriend jeans. Not to mention, I’m a bit obsessed with these shoes and really can’t seem to find anything they don’t look great with. My friend Angie recently said that blue suede shoes are the unsung heroes of a girl’s closet. I think she may be right. Get ready to see more of these shoes!

2 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I want to hear more about this photo shoot -- and see more of those awesome shoes.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sweet Laundry said...

Those shoes are HOT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...