Channeling My Inner Jenna Lyons

| |





Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: J. Crew
Shoes: Nine West (DSW)
Necklace: Kate Spade (Jeremy’s)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Glasses: c/o SEE Eyewear

want to like pencil skirts; really, I do. But I’m not quite sold. I spied this one on the sale rack on a recent trip to J. Crew and was immediately drawn to the tweed. I love tweed. It always reminds me of the classic Chanel suit, which, to me, is the epitome of sophistication. It’s also completely out of my current shopping budget, so I hope to add a few more affordable tweed pieces to my closet. Perhaps a jacket will be next? But back to pencil skirts… I have one other pencil skirt (last seen here), and I have to admit that it’s tucked away in the back of the skirt section of my closet. Pencil skirts are one of those things I constantly admire on others and yet when I put one on, it never looks quite right. Maybe it’s my wide hips? Maybe it’s that I always feel like I have to suck it in to avoid looking slightly preggers? I don’t know, but I am determined to make the silhouette work for me. Any styling tips? Lay ‘em on me!

While I tend to temper classic pieces with edgier ones, I decided to fully embrace the J. Crew aesthetic and channel my inner Jenna Lyons. Think: refined but a little undone, grown up but still quirky, big glasses, and a bold lip color. With the exception of the bold lip color, I think I nailed this look. What do you think?

4 comments:

Vivaciously Fabulous said...

LOVE the skirt, granted I'm a biased opinion...I adore pencil skirts, classy, sexy and classic, never go "out" The necklace is the perfect piece to tie the whole look together!

Angie said...

Son of a B! I have tried to write this fucking comment 3 goddamned times. Motherfuckerpieceofshit!!!!!!!!! You look great in a pencil skirt and I feel that adding a belt to cinch that teeny tiny waist of yours may help you feel better about sporting a gunt. I love you.


Carlina said...

OMG...Angie's comment just had me dying right now! ;) I agree, this look is too good- Jenna would approve. Also digging the sexy secretary glasses on you.


x carlinawww.allergictovanilla.com

starisea said...

This outfit is so hot! I love the chic-stylish, super nerd feel. Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...