Simple And Chic

| |





Shirt: One Teaspoon (Mira Mira)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (a gift)
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

Just four pieces to cite, and only three colors…that sums up this look: simple and chic. In the blogging world, it seems “more” has become synonymous with “better” and “well styled”. And while I certainly try not to let this silly little blog influence my style choices, I can admit that from time to time I find myself staring down at a wrist with just a watch and one bracelet, trying to resist the urge to pile on enough bracelets to turn my party of two into a full on arm party. An outfit like this one reminds me that simple is chic, and it always will be. 

This outfit started with the shirt. I adore this shirt. A white blouse with good construction is an instant classic, but details like the unfinished hem and quirky bow tie make this one feel fresh. I considered pairing it with a print, but in the end I went with classic compliments to the shirt – rolled up jeans and black pumps. Black and white always begs for a pop of color and this time I went with a red bag with heavy gold hardware. I love this outfit. I think it’s safe to say you’ll see a slightly different version of it again… 

9 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

You're so right - simple is chic and this looks just perfect on you!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amanda Weiss said...

I agree that the blogging world has me going overboard sometimes, but I do love the classic saying of 'less is more' because you obviously look amazing! So simply chic!!!!


<3 Amanda













FashionableeMe

T. said...

Love this look! I prefer the simpler outfits too. And your hair is the best accessoire anyway!
http://www.fashiontranslated.blogspot.de/

Sweet Laundry said...

I'm not one for big parties. Simple and chic will always be my favourite :)

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! Don't get me wrong; I still love to layer on the spikes, studs, fangs and chains. But, it's good to give it a rest every now and again... ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda!

Santina said...

Thank you! I sometimes forget that my hair adds a pop of color!

Santina said...

I think it's my favorite, too. I can get caught up in layering on piles of accessories, but simple always feels chic.

holleighz said...

There is definitely an art to simplicity, and it looks like you have it mastered. On a random note, you remind me of a Fawn Gehweiler illustration here, especially in the second picture! I think it's the bow with the pink hair. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...