With fall just around the corner and all the September issues rolling in, it’s impossible not to think about how I’ll update my closet for the new season. To be completely honest, I’ve cut back on my shopping budget in light of my recent move into a new apartment and all the annoying costs that come along with it. (I’d much rather spend money on my closet than furniture.) But as the new place comes together, I think it’s time I rewarded myself with a bigger shopping budget. Here are five fall trends I’m particularly smitten with and hoping to incorporate into my fall wardrobe:
1. Quirky animal print sweaters – You might remember my wolf sweater from last year, so it probably goes without saying that I’m happy to see this trend stick around. I love that the bird on this one is wear a beret – tres chic!
2. Chelsea boots – The hills of San Francisco have definitely influenced my shoe choices. I find myself choosing flats much more often since moving here, and flat boots are a perfect option for fall. Throw in a cap toe, and I’m in love.
3. Structured bags – A structured bag adds polish to any look. And, this one? Well, this one is what dreams are made of. I am obsessed with this bag. Obsessed.
4. Brocade – Living in a city that experiences slight variations of one season makes it difficult to express distinct seasons through my clothes, but fabric choice is an easy solution. Fall is always about rich colors and heavy fabrics, so I definitely plan to add some brocade to my closet. I actually have this dress in a different fabric from last year, and I love the fit. I’m very tempted to buy this version!
5. Leather jackets – Having lived here for more than a year, I’ve decided a leather jacket is a wise investment as I’ll be able to wear it year round. I’m looking for a cut that will stand the test of time but isn’t too polished. A leather jacket should always be a little badass in my opinion.
Have you put together a fall wishlist? Anything in particular you plan to add to your closet?