Fashionably Four-Eyed

| |

Confession: I'm legally blind without glasses or contacts. Of course, I almost exclusively wear contacts with the exception of a few hours before I go to bed. (The last time my four-eyed alter ego was spotted here on the blog was when I was living in Mexico and suffering from an eye injury.) But ever since my return to a life that involves staring at a computer for at least 12 hours a day (let's not even talk about the time spent on my iPhone), I find myself getting headaches more often and by the end of a day, my eyes just feel tired. Of course, as soon as my eye doctor heard the number of hours I spend on a computer and in contacts, his first suggestion was to wear glasses more often to allow my eyes to rest. My first thought? I better get some new glasses. So, when the generous folks over at SEE Eyewear reached out to me about collaboration I jumped at the chance. 

Over the weekend I headed over to the newest location in SF to pick out a pair of glasses. The people at the store could not have been nicer, allowing me to try on as many as I liked and even going as far as to pop out the lenses to avoid a glare in the photos. After great debate I narrowed it down to four pairs:

I was immediately drawn to the shape of this pair and tried them on in blue, pink, and clear. I love glasses in a bold color, but given my current hair color (freshly dyed so extra saturated with color) I felt something neutral might be best. I am quite smitten with this pair, which my boyfriend dubbed “the clear Harry Potter glasses”. I am so okay with that.


Of course, I loved at least five pairs of tortoise shell glasses but this was definitely the pair I liked best. The shape is classic (albeit oversized) and one that I often chose for myself. I have to say that for someone with vision as poor as mine, minimizing the blind spots with larger glasses is a good option. 


The subtle color of this pair made them easy to overlook, but it was actually the color that attracted me to them. Almost a flesh tone, the soft color is the perfect contrast to the strong shape of the frames.


And, lastly a gray pair… What can I say? I just like pink and gray!


While I’ve already made my decision, I’d love to hear which is your favorite. I’ll reveal the pair I chose tomorrow, and I’ll also announce a fun giveaway - be sure to check back!


11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I am partial to the tortoise shell (always wanted a pair like that) but I also really love the grey. Can't wait to see what you chose. I also just recently invested in another pair of glasses (I also spend about 10 hrs per day in front of a computer and my eyes just can't take that many contacts!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sahra said...

oooh I love the 3rdand 4th pairs!

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I like the second and last pairs the most. The Harry Potter ones are pretty darn cool though.

Maria said...

Love! I am in desperate need of new goggles. I'm pretty blind myself, but hate my glasses so I never wear them. Oops. :)

Santina said...

Well, friend, you should probably check back tomorrow. There might be a giveaway you could be interested in... ;)

Santina said...

Aren't they? I'm kinda obsessed with them!

Santina said...

Ahhh I love them all! Gray just looks so good with pink, doesn't it?


Thanks for the input, Sahra!

Santina said...

Do you find it helps your eyes? Mine really do feel tired (for lack of a better description)...

sartorialsidelines said...

I find it helps a ton! My eyes tend to get so dry and just tired feeling when I am sitting all day typing so wearing my glasses 2-3 days a week makes a big impact for me.

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

They all suit u so well. Second or third pair for me!

Eli said...

The grey pair!! Dude, all of these look great on you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...