Tough In Pink

| |





Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
T-shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Skirt: Something Else by Natalie Wood (Mira Mira)
Socks: Gap
Shoes: BCBG Max Azria 
Rings: Surface To Air and Gifts (from Angie)
Bracelets: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

This skirt has caught my eye every single time I’ve opened my closet since I dyed my hair, and I just couldn’t resist it any longer. Pink hair can come across a little sweet, and while I’ve definitely embraced that (with looks like this one), it’s fun to contradict that sweetness with tougher looks. This outfit fails somewhere in the middle. The skirt and socks are right in line with my pastel ‘do, but then there’s spikes, fangs, and a motorcycle jacket. One part saccharine and two parts “avert your eyes or I’ll kick your ass” – I love that combination!

If you haven't already, head over to this post and enter to win two bottles of polish from Zoya's new Beach & Surf Summer Collection. The giveaway closes tomorrow night!

9 comments:

Robin Halvorson said...

Love this mix of sweet and bad ass Santina!

sartorialsidelines said...

That bag is seriously killing me. I need to borrow it I think... Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

The Marcy Stop said...

Loving all of your rings! They definitely help add a dose of toughness to the look.
xL


http://themarcystop.blogspot.com

Carlina said...

That sock/shoe combo is ridic! I'll never get over that trend- I say we bring it back one blogger at a time!


x Carlinaallergictovanilla.com
Check out my Rocks Paper Metal giveaway!

Santina said...

I love socks and sandals. Let's do it!

Santina said...

Thanks! I love two finger rings!

Santina said...

I love how much you love this bag! I'd be lying if I tried to play it cool; I'm completely smitten with it, too!

Santina said...

Thanks, Robin! It's definitely one of my favorite combinations!

holleighz said...

I fully support this pink hair / pink outfit habit - especially with a touch of badassery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...