Sweet Enough For A Bridal Shower, Too Short For The Bus

| |







Dress: Nishe (ModCloth)
Shoes: Seychelles (ModCloth)
Bracelets: Anthropologie and BCBG Max Azria
Ring: Betsey Johnson
Bag: See by Chloe (Nordstrom)

When I received the first bridal shower invitation of my adult life, the first thought that came to mind was: what the hell am I going to wear? So, when I saw the bride to be, Adiel, just a few days before the shower, I asked her what I should wear. Of course, Adiel is far too sweet to actually tell me what to wear, so I prodded her until she finally gave me something I could work with – a collar. When I looked into my closet and spied this dress, I knew exactly what I would wear. I’ve had this dress for a while but hadn’t quite found an occasion to wear it. This dress is a bit sugary with heart buttons on the collar and a scalloped hem, but the short hemline keeps it from being too much so. Speaking of that hemline, I quickly snapped these photos on my way to the bus stop, and as soon as I got on the bus, I knew I should have taken a cab. Some dresses are just too short for the bus! Sitting means way too much bare skin touching the seat. Standing, which is often my preference, requires reaching up (bringing the hemline up, as well) to hold on. Not to mention for the early Sunday morning bus crowd, this was quite a bit of leg!

And, the shower was too much fun not to share a few pics I snapped on my phone throughout the day!


Adiel's adorable "I do" manicure // Stacked up with sweets

Juice for the mimosa bar // Adiel opening a gift

7 comments:

Sartorial Sidelines said...

I've worn too short dresses and skirts on the bus more times than I care to count...yet I never seem to learn my lesson. This is a totally adorable dress, and definitely not too cutesy, though so at least you looked great for the uncomfortable bus ride.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Frannie Pantz said...

This dress is super sweet! I love it on you! And I am laughing at your bus ride story. I'm sorry, but I can totally relate!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I was worried about it being too cute, so I really appreciate that!

Santina said...

Right? Why don't we learn? Just take a cab! I have shoes that I know require a cab. Why not dresses? ;)

Anonymous said...

Dress: Too. Freaking. Cute!

Sahra said...

such a lovely dress!

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Aww, that is such a sweet and feminine dress! It's perfect for a bridal shower. I have a bridal shower on Saturday- I need to start thinking about what i'm going to wear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...