Short And Sweet

| |








Jacket: Jack by BB Dakota (ModCloth)
Dress: See by Chloe (Mercantile, Portland, OR)
Tights: Betsey Johnson (ModCloth)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Nordstrom)
Necklace: BCBG
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: Prada (a gift)

My recent move unearthed items from my closet that I had completely forgotten about. And while the pack rat in me wanted to keep it all, the reality was that I was downsizing my closet and had to pack only what I could convince myself I’d actually wear. These lace tights made the cut, even though I bought them ages ago and never quite figured out how to wear them. On a sunny Saturday, I pulled them out with determination and quickly put together this sweet look. I had always pictured them being worn with this dress; the delicate pattern and pastel colors feel worthy of lace tights. Oxfords, a chambray jacket and a collar necklace added a slightly boyish contrast to all that girly goodness.

13 comments:

Robin Halvorson said...

These tights are awesome! And I love the dress too. The only thing I like about cleaning out my closet is unearthing those buried treasures you forgot about. Great find!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Oh hai cutie pie! You look downright sweet and innocent with your soft pink hair and lace tights. Very pretty!

carlina said...

The perfect outfit to be worn on a chilly SF day! You are gonna love those tights even more come fall! ;)


x Carlinaallergictovanilla.comCheck out my Rocks Paper Metal giveaway!

Angie said...

You look like the nicest person ever...I am sure you have a blade hidden somewhere in this outfit. That jean jacket is the bidnass.


xo.


Angie


thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

Manners and Moxie said...

Cute look. I was already in love with your bag a while back but I may add this collar to the list!


xo
nic
mymannersandmoxie.com

Emily {tomorrow never knows} said...

you look like a sweet innocent girl with a mischievous smile and some rock and roll shades. i love it.
SF doesnt get gross hot in the summer? i cant even imagine wearing tights and anything long sleeve these days, its been so freaking hot out!

princetoneatsportland said...

Oooohhh this is a good one. I LOVE the collar with that dress!

Santina said...

Thanks, Robin! And I agree about closet cleaning - it's mostly miserable but then you find a few gems!

Santina said...

Hee hee. I know, right? It was kinda weird... I had to really keep my bitch face on! ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina! It was definitely chilly and I just wanted to wear something summery!

Santina said...

Right? I don't know what I was thinking. Though it's always the ones who you don't expect... ;)

Santina said...

SF never gets gross hot...ever! Want to come visit now? Do I need to woo you with moderate weather? I'll do it!

Santina said...

Thanks, Erin. Obvs I thought of you when I put this one together. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...