Fishtail Manicure

| |

Hello Kitty Blueberry // Essie Cascade Cool // Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet 
Remember how I mentioned hitting the manicure inspiration jackpot when I stumbled across Chalkboard Nails? Well, I was not kidding, so it should come as no surprise that this week’s manicure was based on a tutorial I saw there. I had spotted similar designs around the internet, but almost all of the tutorials demonstrated applying the design using reinforcement stickers. Reinforcement stickers and I haven’t gotten along since my last attempt to use them, when removing the sticker resulted in removing a chunk of the polish I had just painstakingly applied. While I didn’t think free handing this design would be as easy as Sarah made it appear, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it really is easy! With no tools or tape required, this manicure is now filed under “lazy but fancy” – love it!

Pssssst, today is your last day to enter to win two bottles of Zoya polish! Get your entries in! 

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Great job and beautiful colors! :) I'm glad you found the freehanding easy!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Pretty! I couldn't even attempt to do that freehand. Scotch tape and stickers are my friends.

Carlina said...

Oh this is good, that middle color is so pretty!


x Carlinaallergictovanilla.comCheck out my Rocks Paper Metal giveaway!

Sweet Laundry said...

Ok, I just spent way too much time on Chalkboard Nails. What a great site. And what a great manicure. I can't believe you did this free hand!

Sahra said...

wow LOVE those nails! <3

Xo Sahra
EffortlessCool

Eli said...

Reinforcements are like the stupidest things to use on nails, I fuck it up every single time I use them!! I've never seen this Chalkboard nails site before, thanks for putting it on my radar!

Santina said...

I will never use reinforcement stickers again!


And, just in case that's not enough nail inspiration, check out Nailside: http://nailside.blogspot.com/

Santina said...

Thanks, Sahra!

Santina said...

Isn't it amazing? I love that site - endless inspiration!

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina! That middle color is the same pink from last week's mani, too. It's a new fave! ;)

Santina said...

You might be surprised! Tape can be so difficult sometimes! I almost prefer to wing it!

Heels and Sunkissed Curls said...

This is amazing! I have to try!

Thanks for sharing!
Chelsea

Adiel said...

Love love love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...