Easy Tribal Manicure

| |

Essie Mesmorized // American Apparel Gold Flash
Ever since the onset of my nail art obsession, a tribal design has been on my to-do list. It was one of the first designs that piqued my interest, and while I love tribal designs, all those straight lines intimidate me. But, much like with anything else, I’ve become much more confident in my nail painting ability so I’m a bit more daring than I used to be. That said, even with my newfound confidence, I went with a simple design for my first attempt. The verdict? It was surprisingly easy to apply and I will definitely try a more challenging design soon. Have you tried a tribal design? Any tips? Please share them in the comments!

10 comments:

Jen Jeffery said...

So cool! Love the color combos. Did you use a nail pen for the black?


Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

sartorialsidelines said...

You are ridiculously talented you know? I love this!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

After an unfortunate tape-based manicure, I'm starting to think you're right and free-handing is the way to go. Did you use a thin brush for the black?

Santina said...

Thanks, Jen! I did not use a nail pen though I'm sure it would work just as well. I used Kiss Nail Art Paint; the brush is really thin and perfect for striping. I bought a bunch of them at a ghetto beauty supply store - cheap and easy to use! ;)

Santina said...

Awww, thanks, Courtney! I don't know how talented I am, but I definitely enjoy painting my nails way more than I ever thought I would!

Santina said...

Yes! Fuck tape!


For the black I used Kiss Nail Art Paint; the brush is really fine, making it perfect for striping. I picked up a few at a ghetto beauty supply store, but I've also spied them at Walgreens. ;)

Stella said...

Love them! Would you like to follow each other here and on Bloglovin?
XOXO

www.wardrobestories.blogspot.com

erika said...

I love this color combo! I have a couple of the Kiss Nail Art bottles too, but find the long brush hard to maneuver. I'm giving it another shot though after seeing your perfect lines.


teachershavelivestoo.com

Sahra said...

LOVE THEM!!

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Amanda Weiss said...

Dangit Santina, you are making me so damn jealous every week with these manicures. Mine. are. still. plain!!!! WTF! I need to just take a night and be jazzy. I miss my nail art!! And these tribal babies are freakin AWESOME!!!!


<3 Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...