Aarrghhh!

| |









Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: Wren (Saks)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire
Necklace: Tatty Devine (ModCloth)
Bracelet: Stella & Dot
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

Could there possibly be a more perfect necklace for a Monday? I think not. And, on a particularly foggy morning that made me want to stay in bed and watch trashy TV all day, the reality of heading to work made me feel very “argh”. I knew I had to wear this necklace from the moment I accepted my fate. Ah, Mondays suck…

Feeling a bit grumpy (hence the need for the necklace), I resisted the urge to wear black and gray and instead reached for this playful skirt. I quickly decided on my go-to chambray shirt, but once I saw it put together, I remembered that I had already worn these pieces together (here). Unwilling to start over, I decided to roll up the sleeves of my shirt and call it a day. That, combined with the absence of tights, makes it a whole new outfit, right?

13 comments:

Robin Halvorson said...

Perfect necklace for a Monday morning. And I applaud you for just going with an outfit, even though you already "documented" it. ;-)

sartorialsidelines said...

I love that skirt and top pairing (and mostly I just seriously adore that skirt, it's perfect!!!!). And the necklace pretty accurately sums up my feelings about Mondays.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Manners and Moxie said...

Such a great skirt and I'd like to sky write that saying about the whole SF summer.... It's "argh" indeed!


xo
nic
mymannersandmoxie.com

kate à la mode said...

Love that necklace so much - so it makes me happy to see you rocking it!


It's totally a whole new outfit. :) Actually, it does have a different vibe from the other - more casual and spring/SFsummery. The lack of the belt makes a big difference too.

Carlina said...

Perfectly put, Monday's are never easy, but this necklace speaks volumes on how I'd deal with the start of the week!!!


x Carlina
allergictovanilla.com
Rocks Paper Metal giveaway ends soon!

Eli said...

That necklace is so awesome!! Have you see Susie Bubble's post from not that long ago about Tatty Divine?
http://www.stylebubble.co.uk/style_bubble/2012/06/tatty-divine.html

Santina said...

Oh, I do it much more than I let on... ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney!

Santina said...

Oh yes, this so-called "summer" definitely makes me feel "argh"!

Santina said...

Hee hee. Thanks, Kate!

Santina said...

Doesn't it? And really, who likes Monday? I don't trust that person...

Santina said...

Thanks, Eli! I've not seen that post - heading over now!

Sahra said...

looove that skirt! the whole look is so adorable :)

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...