A Semblance Of Summer

| |








Sweater: BCBG Max Azria (Nordstrom)
Top: Billtornade (Portland Boutiques Collective Sale)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Piperlime)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bracelets: Nordstrom and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Rings: Surface To Air (Shotwell) and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff 

Why yes that is a cashmere sweater, which could only mean one thing: summer has arrived here in San Francisco. Crisp, sunny mornings have been replaced with damp, foggy ones and I can’t say I’m thrilled about it. Though I have grown to appreciate the fog; it’s beautiful in an eerie, slightly gloomy way. Does that appreciation officially make me a San Franciscan? 

It’s not easy to dress for weather I generally associate with fall (blame my New England upbringing) in the middle of summer. I want to wear sun dresses (without tights), sandals and shorts…not happening. So, I’m doing my best with light layers to maintain some semblance of the season the rest of the country is experiencing. With sandals and a little neon, I could almost forget that I was wearing a cashmere sweater…almost…

3 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

The weather there sounds like a dream to me...I am not a fan of summer and sun at all. Regardless, I love the grey cardigan and it looks really cute paired with those silver sandals.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Alina said...

your hair is fantastic! xx


http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Summer-weight cashmere sounds like such a weird idea, but it's really perfect for weather like that. And hey, those sandals are shiny and fun enough to "summer-ify" any outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...