A Classic Combination

| |






Dress: Burberry (Nordstrom)
Tights: c/o Falke
Shoes: Pour La Victoire 
Headband: Nordstrom
Bracelet: Juicy Couture 
Rings: Surface To Air (Shotwell) and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

Yup, tights. I know I just said I wouldn’t wear them on principle of it being July and all, but a girl can only wear pants so many days in a row. Sure, I see brave girls in San Francisco rocking skirts without tights all year round; it definitely can be done. I just cannot do it. I hate being cold. Really hate it. (Remember that living in Mexico thing?) Exposing a little skin, this pair seemed a bit lighter than black tights and made me feel a little better about wearing them in July. Settling on houndstooth tights lead straight to this dress. A Burberry shirtdress felt like an appropriate compliment to such a classic print.

8 comments:

Sahra said...

that dress color compliments your hair so well!!


XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

princetoneatsportland said...

Ah it's been so long since I've seen that beaut! I love it with those tights, though it is really sad you have to sport tights.

Frannie Pantz said...

The grass is always greener. I miss my tights and pants and blazers and cardigans and boots. Sigh. I love these tights. They look great with the blue dress!

sartorialsidelines said...

I really love this whole look -- the pattern on the tights is great paired with that awesome dress and I love the shoes. Love.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Sahra!

Santina said...

Hee hee. I knew you'd like this one!

Santina said...

So true, so true.


Ah, I loved these tights, too. Yes, past tense - "loved". About an hour into wearing them, I snagged them with my bracelet and ripped a huge hole in them. I used some clear polish to make it through the day, but I had to toss them.

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney. I wear these shoes so often. I really scored with such a fabulous pair of black pumps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...