Stripes And Birds

| |





Shirt: J. Crew 
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Sunglasses: Prada (a gift)

I loved this skirt the moment I laid eyes on it – the stripes, the print, the pockets. It’s the perfect combination of preppy and sporty with a quirky twist, making it quintessentially Marc by Marc, and as we all know, I love Marc. When it was finally warm enough to wear it, I went more preppy than sporty, pairing it with my trusty chambray button down. Since Marc tends to repeat core color schemes for each season, I had plenty of accessories that were a perfect match and quickly decided on this blue logo necklace and poppy bag. I struggled a bit when it came to shoes. In my mind a pair of oxfords was adorable, but in reality, they just made my legs look stumpy. Nude wedges were the easiest solution, but the shoe dilemma totally got me lusting for the wedge high tops this skirt was shown with on the runway… 

10 comments:

Norma said...

you look great!

Eli said...

I ordain you the Marc Jacobs queen! Did this skirt come in a dress too?

Amanda Weiss said...

Love the skirt! It is soo fun! And not to mention the lighting in these pics are inssannne- loving the glow!


<3 Amanda













FashionableeMe

Carlina said...

Digging this skirt, the tiny birds, the stripes- it's all good!


x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Yup, that skirt is totally awesome! It looks perfect with casual shirt and bright bag.

Santina said...

Thanks, Norma!

Santina said...

Hee hee! Thanks, Eli!


There is a t-shirt dress with the same print (http://bit.ly/MfAEXL), but this skirt was shown on the runway with a matching peplum top, giving the appearance of a dress. I wish I could convince myself to buy the top, but even a queen must know her limits. Ha ha! ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda! I love the light in these photos as well. The boyfriend outdid himself. ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina!

Santina said...

Thanks! I am so in love with this skirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...