So Long Shiny Shoes

| |





Top: Something Else by Natalie Wood (a gift)
Jeans: Levi’s (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (ModCloth)
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Take a long look at these shoes; it’s likely the last time you’ll see them. I’m not happy about it, but sometimes a girl just needs to learn to let go. Ages ago, these shoes broke…like, in half. They were already sold out and I was quite smitten with them, so rather than return them, I decided to get them repaired. And then I left them at the shoe repair shop for months…at least three. When I finally picked them up, they looked as good as new, and I thought we’d live happily ever after (or maybe a year). 

There were many times (including the last time I wore this tunic) that I searched my closet for these shoes only to realize that they were still at the shoe repair shop. Once I decided on this tunic, the rest of the outfit came together easily. And with such an amazing print, I didn’t feel the need to pile on accessories. Just a simple ring was all I needed. 

About halfway through the day I realized that my shoe broke in the exact same place that it did the first time. I knew there was a chance that they were beyond repair, but I was blinded by love (and shiny shoes). This time I think I need to just let them go. This pair just wasn’t meant to be. The worst part? Looking back on it, I'm pretty sure all my jumping around broke them the second time... Moment of silence, please.

7 comments:

Sartorial Sidelines said...

Oh no! They're such awesome shoes...

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Frannie Pantz said...

Bummer!  They are really cute!

Caitie Schlisserman said...

oh no!! that's so sad about the shoes they are AMAZING! like totally amazing. 

xxxwww.ladyalamode.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Jeffrey Campbell should be ashamed.  Great outfit, and I'll pour one out for the homie.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Jeffrey Campbell, you say? I had a pair of boots from them that developed giant holes in the bottom after less than a year of wear. I emailed them to simply say I was disappointed with the quality and I got the rudest email back, saying that I must've "overworn them." Just be glad you didn't email them!

xs said...

i love your lively photos . . . they have so much energy!

Adiel said...

Awwww, rest in pieces, shiny shoes! Love these photos though! You are way too cute, Santina! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...