Neon Pink Chinos: Two Ways

| |


I’ve long been considering a new series that highlights different ways to style one item, but something just didn't feel right... Sure, I like to maximize my closet as much as the next girl, and I by no means avoid wearing something I recently wore. In fact, I quite often wear the same thing repeatedly in a short time frame, but it’s not because I like the challenge. It’s because I’m lazy. That’s right, friends; I am lazy. And that is how I ended up wearing these pants twice in the same week. I’m starting to realize that if I can’t see it, then I don’t wear it. At the same time, the clothes I take off and throw onto a growing pile of other discarded clothing (don’t judge me!) end up getting the most wear simply because they are in my line of vision when getting dressed. This became abundantly clear during my recent move into a new apartment. As I cleaned out my closet, I couldn’t believe all the things I had forgotten about! And when almost everything was packed up, I was once again surprised, but this time by how easy it actually was to get dressed with limited - but visible - options! So, be it born from creativity or a lack of motivation, this will be the first of a new feature here on Style by Santina! (Though some of you might recall the From City To Sand series when I was living in Mexico.)

These two looks aren’t all that different (apparently these pants were made for silver shoes?) but each reflects a style you’ll often catch me in. The first was worn just the day before I moved. Exhausted and perhaps not in the best of moods (let’s be real – moving sucks!), I decided coffee was not going to cut it, so I added a heavy dose of neon to try to wake up. Neon pink pants paired with a neon orange bag might be a teeny tiny bit obnoxious, but it’s a whole lot of awesome, too. A comfortable sweatshirt, mouse flats, and layers of some of my favorite accessories definitely put me in a better mood (and the three cups of coffee helped, too). 



Sweatshirt: Rxmance (Mira Mira) // Pants: Gap // Bracelets, Necklace, Rings, Shoes, and Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Bag: The Cambridge Satchel Co. (ModCloth) // Necklaces: A gift // Sunglasses: Chanel

The second look was from a week later, all moved into the new apartment but still living alongside boxes. In a complete mess, I just pulled together whatever was out and not wrinkled, first spotting these pants. (I’m a little obsessed with them.) The rest of the outfit came together quickly…since I’ve technically worn it before. This pair of pants is identical to my green pair, and a few weeks back I sported this look with the green pants and my darker chambray button down. I went for a fresher take this time with the neon version and lighter chambray. 



Shirt: J. Crew // T-shirt: Gap // Pants: Gap // Shoes: Rachel Antonoff for Bass (ModCloth) // Bracelets: H&M // Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell) // Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Sunglasses: Prada (a gift)

Which look do you like best? 

13 comments:

Sweetlaundry said...

I really like the layered chambray worn sort of like a cardigan but I'm a simple girl so look 1 is most appealing to me. And those silver mouse flats are just too sweet. I loved the "from city to sand" series so I'm looking forward to this new one!

sartorialsidelines said...

I tend to wear the same pieces repeatedly in a short time window as well because they're already at the front of my closet rotation and, yeah, I'm lazy. And yeah, moving sucks. Big time. This move to Canada is going to involve 5 days of 10 hour driving in a UHaul with cats. Ugh.
Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I've been contemplating those Gap pink chinos for a while. I wonder if they'd work with gold shoes as well as silver? Hmm...

Allergictovanilla said...

Ooh those pants are fierce all by themselves- they would look with just about anything! Love the relaxed sweatshirt look, and the striped top- obsessed with J. Crew's striped top selection!

x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Ladyofashion said...

I understand how you feel, I believe some items are just worth repeating, especially going by mood, which is how I dress. You look lovely in the pink colour trousers. Looks like Mission in the background? Uggh, moving isn't pleasant, I've moved way too many times to mention.  xo

Angie said...

I love both chillaxed looks on you, even though I know you are madder than a bee in a hornets nest in the first one...You lazy crazy bag of bones.  I can't wait to see you tomorrow night and punch you in the uterus...in the most loving way imaginable, of course. 

love,
Angie

shanice ♥ said...

Cute outfit. Loving the bag!
--Shanice,
Please Check Out My Blog  www.shanicexoxo.info
p.s. I am hosting another giveaway on my blog, you should check it out! (: CLICK HERE

Santina said...

I love those mouse flats. They're just so cute!

Santina said...

I am so sorry, friend. Oh, the misery that awaits! 

How are the kitties in the car? Marley was by far the best traveling kitty I have ever known. However, Sombrita screams her head off... 

Santina said...

I think they'd look just as good with gold! And, they totally fit your bold work attire initiative! (Enabler, what?) ;)

Santina said...

Sigh...such is life as a renter! 

Santina said...

Hahahaha. Can't wait to see you! 

sartorialsidelines said...

They're actually not too terrible...we moved them down here from Canada the same way and it was okay, not great but okay. Of course that was 6 years ago and they're older and more ornery now. I can deal with the tears while they're in the cages but if they go to the bathroom in them (it's next to impossible to clean/dry the cages out until we get to the hotel at night), well game over.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...