Layers Of Favorites

| |








Sweater: H&M
Shirt: American Apparel (a gift)
Jeans: Insight (Mira Mira)
Shoes: Ego And Greed (ModCloth)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bracelets: H&M and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

Sometimes I start with just one piece that I love – in this case, the floral jeans – and decide to build an outfit around it with other pieces that I love to death. They might not be the flashiest pieces in my closet, but I adore each and every one in this look. The sweater reminds me of living in Mexico. I bought it on my visa run in Portland, and desperate for new clothes, wore it quite frequently for the rest of my time there. The shirt was a birthday gift from my best friend. And, of course, the floral jeans that I can’t stop wearing… Together they created the kind of casual outfit that will always be at the core of my style. Sure, I love throwing on a frilly dress and sky high heels, but I’ll always be a jeans and t-shirt – ahem, sheer shirt – kinda girl! 

10 comments:

Sahra said...

LOVE the pants!

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

sartorialsidelines said...

Love the layering with the sheer shirt - I'm always partial to sheer tops and jeans/pants myself.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Emily {tomorrow never knows} said...

I really like this outfit, its muted but compliments your bright red hair ;)

Amanda Weiss said...

This is super cute! I love how this all came together so perfectly! :-)

<3 Amanda

Allergictovanilla said...

That sweater looks so comfy! And I will always love your nail polish style!! 

x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Santina said...

Thank you, Sahra! I bought them last winter, and they have been in steady rotation ever since! 

Santina said...

Sheer tops and jeans are the new jeans and a tee...mark my words. ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Emily! Your comments always make me smile!

Santina said...

Awww thanks, Amanda!

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina! (And I will always admire your ability to mix prints with ease...) ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...