Gray With A Side Of Spikes

| |








Sweater: Laugh Cry Repeat (Mira Mira)
Jeans: Insight (Mira Mira)
Shoes: Ego And Greed (ModCloth)
Necklace: All Saints
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs and Surface To Air
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

As a young east coast girl with affection for that very stereotypical east coast prep aesthetic, I would devour the J. Crew and L.L. Bean catalogs the second they arrived. And year after year, I would stare at the "summer cashmere" and wonder "who the hell would wear cashmere in summer?" East coast summers are hot and humid; the mere thought of wool touching my skin made me sweat. It wasn’t until many years later, when I pulled out this sweater at the end of June that I finally answered that question: people who live in San Francisco! "Summer cashmere" is now filed along with "summer tights" under "things I formerly considered oxymorons".

When faced with weather that leaves me feeling blah, I go one of two ways: cloak myself in a borderline obnoxious amount of color or wear gray. Gray is definitely my "meh" color. Once I resigned myself to wearing cashmere in summer, I decided gray was only fitting. Since they're gray these jeans both placated my meh feelings but also allowed me to maintain some semblance of spring and summer thanks to the floral print. But my real ray of summer sunshine? My new Rebecca Minkoff bag! The combination of the soft color and spikes could not be more perfect for me. When I saw it on sale, I did not think twice about buying it (having already fallen in love with it months earlier) and it has been on my arm pretty much ever since.

5 comments:

sindhu gupta said...

im in love with the pants and the bag. i want!!






http://sindhugupta.blogspot.in/

Manners and Moxie said...

Love all your accessories lady, especially the bag and that sweater looks so soft and comfy :)


xo
NIc
Mymannersandmoxie.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Love it all! The bag is (obviously) right up my alley! I've always been a fan of summer cashmere. But I'm that girl who carries a jacket or cardigan every where I go for fear of too much air-conditioning.

Eli said...

I love how the house and street are gray too! At first I thought you'd turned everything but yourself into a black and white picture. A few years back, I was obsessed with heather gray clothing, so I still love seeing it on other people. I'm in LOVE with your pink hair, I wanna see what it looks like with some lipstick!! :)

House Of Jeffers said...

i happen to like you in grey - it suites you, and it looks great with your pink hair! BTW - killer bag. Good spot!


Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...