Easy Like Sunday Morning

| |





T-shirt: American Apparel
Skirt: ModCloth
Sandals: Calvin Klein (Nordstrom)
Necklace: A gift
Watch: c/o TOKYObay
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: ModCloth

This was a lazy outfit for a refreshingly lazy Sunday. With all the packing followed by unpacking, it felt like weeks of go, go, go and it was time for a day to unwind. I met up with a friend for a heavenly pedicure, which is my excuse for my shoe choice. Flat, strappy sandals aren’t something you’ll often catch me in. They’re just a bit too unflattering for my liking, so I usually stick to sandals with height (the higher, the better). After pulling out several pairs only to find that the straps would in some way cover at least one of my soon to be freshly painted toes, I resolved myself to this pair. It’s not that I don’t like the sandals; it’s just that flat sandals aren’t for me. And, while that’s something I’ve admitted to myself many times, reading this back makes it seem a bit absurd. “I don’t do flat sandals.” Is there anything for which you have an irrational distaste? Confess!

9 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I don't do flip flops. Like ever. And I don't really know why. Unrelatedly, I love that ModCloth skirt - the pleats and polka dots are so perfect.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Natalie Garza said...

You look so comfortable! That pleated skirt is adorable and I don't think these flat sandals are unflattering at all on you.


I feel really uncomfortable in crew neck t-shirts. I can wear v-necks and scoop necks, but at soon as it gets anywhere near my neck, I feel like I have a uniboob. Strange, I know.

Sweet Laundry said...

I was just going to comment on how much I like those sandals. I think they look great on you! This outfit doesn't look lazy at all :)

I have an irrational distaste for shorts. I just feel like they make my rear look HUGE. So, if I wear them I always make sure to wear a long top.

kate à la mode said...

Love this summery outfit - and that tote is so you!

Santina said...

Never? Not even at the beach? What about post-pedi on the way home? So many questions! ;)

Santina said...

Not strange! I feel this way with some crew necks.

Santina said...

What?!?! You? Shorts?? No! Those legs are crying for shorts. I can hear them now..."show me off...please"... ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Kate! I love that tote! It is officially my "I'm off to the Panhandle with beer and books" tote. ;)

sartorialsidelines said...

I pretty much never, ever go to the beach. Like ever. And my grad student income has meant no treats like pedicures for the past few years. Although I think would wear them home from a pedicure...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...