Wedge Sneakers

| |





Dress: Audrey 3 + 1 (Mira Mira)
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace: Monserat de Lucca (ModCloth)
Bracelets: A gift and Stella & Dot
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Mercules (ModCloth)
Sunglasses: Prada (a gift)

Let’s just talk about the shoes, because that’s what this one was all about. I snagged these shoes months ago, and to be completely honest, I started to feel guilty about not wearing them. As my boyfriend reminded me, I acted as though I couldn’t live without them. It turns out that was a little bit of an exaggeration, but his reminder did motivate me to break these beauties out of the box and plan an outfit around them. While wedge sneakers are not the easiest shoes in terms of styling, they do make up for that in comfort. This pair attracted a fair share of attention, which in a city where very few things are shocking, says a lot. An old hippie tapped me on the bus and proceeded to tell me that these were the coolest shoes he’d seen in at least fifteen years. Now that’s saying something!

(Pssssttt...don't forget to enter to win a TOKYObay Dopio wrap watch!)

5 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

They are pretty awesome...and unique looking.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sweetlaundry said...

These shoes are crazy! The whole wedge sneaker thing is definitely becoming popular so once again you are on trend my friend. This look reminds me of the whole dress and converse sneaker look but with a twist :)

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Heehee, I love it when old folks comment (positively) on new trends! I've already come out against the wedge sneaker trend, but these are much cuter than the ones I've been seeing.

Angie said...

I officially retract my shit talking about wedge sneaks.  I love these and now I want some.  WTFEVER... 

xo.

Angie

Princeton Eats Portland said...

You are pulling all the stops out this week.  Why didn't I buy those wedges?  I am obsessed, and I bet I can't find them anywhere.

You look fab.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...