A Tempering Trench

| |





Sleeveless trench: BR Heritage
Dress: Plenty by Tracy Reese (ModCloth)
Shoes: Sutro (Shoe Biz)
Bracelets: Marc by Marc Jacobs and a gift
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Remember when I first dyed my hair red and felt hesitant when it came to straying from a select few colors? I think, by wearing this dress, I can safely say I’m over that. Back when I bought this dress, I actually decided to return it. I just didn’t think I could pull off the colors with my red hair. If I had white hair, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. But red seemed like it could be a little…too much. Content with my decision, I brought it to the office to send back, but in about ten minutes my coworkers convinced me to keep it. And so I kept it, almost challenging myself to wear it. Of course, I’ve grown into my red hair and feel much more comfortable with it now, but I still wanted to temper the colors with a neutral layer. This sleeveless trench - one of my favorite pieces from last year - was an easy choice. The khaki color felt fresh and the wrinkled fabric kept it casual. Black and gold accessories finished off this look.

(Pssssttt...don't forget to enter to win a TOKYObay Dopio wrap watch!)

9 comments:

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Yay for your coworkers! I am in love with this outfit!

Frannie Pantz said...

So glad you kept it!  The colors, stripes and POCKETS are fabulous!  It looks great with your red hair!!!

Norma said...

Nice!

Santina said...

Thank you! And, yes, I'm happy they talked some sense into me. ;)

Eli said...

I think it looks AWESOME with your red hair. I saw it first when I was browsing my RSS this morning, totally was not expecting you to be hesitant about it. I think all the colors work so well on you!

Santina said...

I love dresses with pockets! How could I have even considered returning it? Hee hee.

Santina said...

Thank you!

Santina said...

Awww thanks, Eli! The transition to hair with actual color has been more challenging than expected, but I think I got red all figured out now. It goes with everything. ;)

kate à la mode said...

LOVE this outfit, the trench shirt looks fantastic with the dress. Also, it totally works with your hair! Wouldn't have thought it was even a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...