A Sophisticated Sweatshirt

| |





Sweatshirt: Laugh Cry Repeat (Mira Mira)
Shirt: Alexa Chung for Madewell
Jeans: Levis (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Nine West
Rings: Surface To Air (Shotwell) and ModCloth
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I might be a little bit obsessed with oxfords and sweatshirts. Sweatshirts – even those with giant sequins hearts – are surprisingly versatile when it comes to layering. Last time I wore this one over a sheer blush button down with distressed denim and wedges. It was the perfect outfit for a lazy Sunday brunch, but this time I wanted to make the sweatshirt feel a bit more refined, a bit more work appropriate. My first step was black skinnies – casual but always chic. When it came time to choose a button down, I debated a few options before deciding on this silk one. The print is subtle but playful, a perfect complement to the sweatshirt (which is blatant and playful). For a bit of color I added a bag with neon accents and finished it off with a pair of pointy toe black heels. They always seem to add a touch of sophistication to any look, don’t they? 

11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

You know how much I love that shirt - and it looks awesome layered over the polka dot blouse...

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amanda Weiss said...

I LOOOVE this sweatshirt- soooo darn cute! I love how it is styled and that bag really does add the perfect fun pop! <3

Amanda
           

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda. I knew you'd approve of a pop of neon! ;)

Santina said...

I know you do! If I ever tire of it, I know where I'm sending it! 

GiovannaPacini said...

Cute look! Loving that sweater!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

kate à la mode said...

Love this outfit! And I adore that sweatshirt - before seeing it on you, I wouldn't have picked it off a rack, but it looks amazing on!!

Santina said...

Thanks, Kate! I had to have this sweatshirt! 

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Yes! Pointy black heels really do add a bit of sexiness and classiness all at once. This is one of my favorite outfits on you!

Seekingstyleblog said...

I like your layering :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

andrea k (blonde bedhead) said...

Damn, I love this! That sweater is amazing and those Nine West shoes need to be in my closet. Styled to perfection and I love the color palette. Pretty!!

House Of Jeffers said...

Pink + black+silver sequins = I'm sold. Done and done. = P

Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...