Pink Lady

| |








Sweater and Skirt: Something Else by Natalie Wood (Mira Mira)
Tank top: Michael Stars (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Seychelles (ModCloth)
Bracelets: H&M
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

A monochromatic look had been on my list for a while, but I didn’t quite expect it to be so…well, pink. But, like so many of my favorite outfits, this one just happened. This skirt caught my eye during Ladies Night at Mira Mira and I almost resisted trying it on. But by the end of the night my self-control was waning, and I decided to try it on along with a few other items. Just as I was walking to the dressing room, I spied this sweater on a mannequin and grabbed that, too, knowing exactly what I’d try on first – the pink sweater with the pink skirt. I was immediately smitten and knew that, once again, I would be unable to resist the temptation of Mira Mira. To be honest, I was wearing these shoes when I tried this on and loved the color combination, so when I wore this outfit, I only had to decide on accessories. I didn’t want to compete with all that color, so I added an armful of clear bangles and a neutral clutch.  I often talk of outfits that make it impossible to be anything other than happy, and this is certainly one of them. In head to toe bright pink, what else is a girl to do but smile?

18 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

Great skirt!  I love your monochromatic look today!

sartorialsidelines said...

I love this - the skirt is really lovely and adding those brilliant blue shoes was a great touch.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I am so happy I get to see this outfit on you!  I've been waiting and waiting for this post.  What a fabulous look.

Amanda Weiss said...

Ohhh la la! I love the colors going on so much! And those lucite bangles are amazing- the perfect addition to this outfit!

<3 Amanda

kim m. said...

LOVE the pink on pink!! 

Norma said...

Wow!

Sweetlaundry said...

Pretty in pink...this outfit makes me smile too. Now all you need is some pink lipstick ;) I love this!

WendyB said...

Love this outfit! The pink is so bold and the blue shoes are unexpected and fun!

Santina said...

Thank you! I think I'll get a lot of wear out of the skirt. I see it paired with a chambray shirt in my near future... ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I don't know that I would have gone with these shoes had I not tried this outfit on with them. I guess it was a lucky coincidence because I love it!

Santina said...

Thanks, Erin! I had no idea you were waiting for it. I would have texted you a pic sooner. ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda! I didn't want my accessories to compete with the outfit, so lucite bangles were perfect! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Kim! 

Santina said...

Lipstick, you say? Hee hee. Next time you're in SF you can help me pick some out. Deal? 

Santina said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Wendy! This look was definitely a fun one to wear; it really did keep me smiling. 

shanice ♥ said...

Love it! Cute.
--Shanice,Please Check Out My Blog  www.shanicexoxo.info

Girl and Closet said...

I'm loving this monochromatic look... so modern & pretty!! And the pop of blue is such a lovely touch - your shoes are fab!! Hope your weekend is a fab one, sweet lady! xo

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I love this! It's so dramatic, but somehow totally appropriate for day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...