Gingham Manicure

| |

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Lacey Lilac // Nails Inc. Haymarket // Kiss Brush On Nail Art Paint White


I got the idea for a gingham accent nail from this post over on The Beauty Department. I considered DIY stickers as shown in the tutorial, but feeling confident after my leopard manicure, I decided to draw the lines to create the gingham pattern. I used a white striping paint, and it was surprisingly easy. I acknowledge that for this to be true gingham, it would be white with a purple pattern. I just hate white polish. I find it rather unforgiving when it comes to imperfections, but next time (oh yes, there will most definitely be a next time) I might have to give it a try. Do you have any tips about white polish? Or maybe a favorite white polish? 

3 comments:

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I also hate white nail polish. I've tried it with base coats, ridge fillers, buffing, and it always goes on badly. Ugh.  I do like your purple, though. :P

Santina said...

Right? Thanks for reaffirming that white polish is the devil.

patience said...

i love those colours! actually i mostly love that in the past five years non traditional nail colours are becoming more and more popular :)

i have a white too and i love it...when it works. i don't know why we can never find one that isn't streaky...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...