Leopard And Leather Sleeves

| |






Jacket: Zara
T-shirt: American Apparel
Skirt: Wren (Saks)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (a gift)
Necklaces: Marc by Marc Jacobs and Monserat de Lucca (ModCloth)
Bracelets: H&M and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

It was not so long ago that I would have scoffed at the suggestion of a skirt in a longer length. Today, all of my favorite skirts hit below the knee; there’s just something so chic about a longer skirt. I also love how a longer length can transform a skirt. Take this pink leopard print – it would feel completely different as a mini, and to be honest, I don’t think I’d wear it as a mini. But as a midi, it’s easily one of my favorite pieces in my closet. 

This time around I dressed this silk skirt down by pairing it with a simple black v-neck t-shirt and my new favorite jacket. I layered a few favorite necklaces and pushed up my sleeves to show off some arm candy. My go to black pumps and bag finished it off. This might be my favorite way I’ve worn this skirt so far!

12 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I know what you mean about midi skirts -- a few years ago I would never have thought I'd have as many as I do now or that I would like them as much as I too but they're just so fun and chic.

 
Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amanda Weiss said...

Success!!! :-) I LOVE that skirt, and totally agree that it would be a whole different style if it were a mini, this length is perfection!

And I still am obsessed everytime I see that jacket! <3

xo!
Amanda

Adiel said...

I die for this color palette! You are perfection, Santina!

Allergictovanilla said...

What a fun printed skirt! I love the colors and that nail color is amazing- is that a polka dot pattern I spy?! 

x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Eli said...

Love how this is full of sophisticated pieces but with a twist. My kind of outfit!

Sweetlaundry said...

This summer all I want to wear are midi skirts and basic t-shirts! I LOVE this outfit!

Santina said...

Me too! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Eli! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina! 

And yes, that is a polka dot pattern. You can see more here: http://stylebysantina.blogspot.com/2012/04/nail-inspiration-polka-dots-and-party.html

Santina said...

Blushing...

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda! (And, thanks even more for your persistence!) ;)

Santina said...

Does it mean that we're getting old? Not gonna lie...I kinda think it does. I think of my 24 year old self scoffing at the thought of hiding her legs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...