Back To Basics

| |





Jacket: Zara
Sweatshirt: Rxmance (Mira Mira)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom Rack)
Belt and Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Vince Camuto (Piperlime)
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: The Cambridge Satchel Company (ModCloth)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Confession: I’m a sucker for good basics. You’ve probably already guessed that by all my talk of the virtues of a good white tee or button down or the frequency with which I wear my (perfect) chambray shirt. Most of the time my outfits include just one or two basic pieces, but then there are days (usually on the weekend) when I just want to wear the basic pieces I love so much from head to toe. And with the right accessories, I think it works. 

This outfit combines some new pieces that I am obsessed with – the sweatshirt and jacket. The sweatshirt was a birthday gift from my boyfriend, and it is exactly the kind of thing I put on and want to wear for days (and I have). I’ve worn it so much in the last month that I can’t believe it hasn’t appeared on the blog before. I absolutely adore it paired with a flouncy skirt or a drop waist dress. As for the jacket, I bought it the minute I saw it online after searching for a new jacket for a while. Those leather sleeves? Love at first sight! Together with a favorite pair of boyfriend jeans, this outfit was a bit too neutral for my liking, but it was nothing a few pops of neon couldn’t fix!

10 comments:

Allergictovanilla said...

I love it! This basics look is def not boring- because you know we don't do boring! The jacket is fantastic, I love the sleeves, I just wish it was a bit warmer- it's been so windy lately! :)

x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

My goodness I love that outfit.  I want that jacket.  You have inspired me to wear the jacket we have that looks nothing like that jacket (ha) with my Cambridge satchel!  Tomorrow...

Adiel said...

Santina. That jacket! You should definitely sell it to me when you're tried of looking awesome in it. Love this look!

Santina said...

Oh Adiel, I've been telling you for ages that my closet is your closet. As soon as you move to the city, you can shop in my closet any time. (Yup, it's contingent on your move! Gotta motivate you!!) ;)

Adiel said...

Deal! :P

shanice ♥ said...

Love that bag!
--Shanice,Please Check Out My Blog  www.shanicexoxo.info

Melbrng said...

oh I want that bag AND the jacket girl!
 

Santina said...

I don't even know what jacket you're talking about... 

PS - Ben looooooooved this comment! Ha ha.

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina! 

And, I agree about the jacket. My arms aren't ever cold in it, but with that wind, I wish the rest of the jacket was a little warmer, as well. Sigh...life is tough in the Bay Area. ;)

Santina said...

Oh, Melissa! It's adorable that you commented on my blog!! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...