Spots And Stripes

| |








Sweater: Zara
Skirt: Wren (Saks)
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Necklace: BCBG Max Azria
Bracelets: Stella & Dot and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

This outfit makes me laugh because it's pretty much the exact opposite of what I intended to wear. I set out to wear something conservative, and before I knew it I was in spots and stripes and pink and green…not to mention my red hair. (I think it’s safe to say I’ve moved past my “I can’t wear certain colors with red hair” stage.)

I knew I wanted to wear this skirt and had planned to pair it with a button down. But, as it so often happens when I plan an outfit, I wasn’t happy once I executed the plan. I’m an emotional dresser; I can’t plan what I’ll want to wear in three days because I have no idea how I’ll feel that day! (Am I alone here? Are you all planners?!?) For whatever reason, I was determined to mix prints, so the button down went back into my closet and my conservative outfit out the window. I’m usually not so bold when it comes to mixing prints, but since I adore combining pink with  green, these two were a perfect pair. To balance the look, I kept my accessories, shoes and bag simple.

10 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love this! That gold collar is so insanely cute and I'm enchanted with the very idea of mixing stripes and leopard print.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

House Of Jeffers said...

By far, one of my most favorite outfits of yours! The prints and mixture of colors are perfectly perfect together - and of course, your hair just sets off the outfit!

Jen
House Of Jeffers

Norma said...

Very Nice!

Margot Bookspan said...

Love your look it is so cute!! The stripes and spots and bold colors are perfect together. I usually am in such a hurry in the morning I never stick to my planed outfits I just grab whatever works :)

xo
Margot

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! It felt a bit bold, but I think the black in both prints anchored it. I'm definitely more comfortable mixing subtle prints.

Santina said...

Really? A favorite? I wasn't so sure of this one, so I really appreciate that. Thank you so much!

Santina said...

Thanks, Margot! 

And, I'm with you; I'm always rushing in the morning. I also have an annoying habit of trying on three outfits only to decide on the first...

Natalie Garza said...

I love this combination! I'm the exact same way about planning outfits. I can't plan whole outfits ahead of time, but sometimes I'll set aside a skirt or top that I want to wear that week and decide what to wear with it the day of. This look is perfect topped off with the collar necklace!

Sweetlaundry said...

The prints are amazing and the color combo is fantastic! I really love this skirt - it's perfect for a crazy cat lady :)

kate à la mode said...

I think I said this when you wore it, but I adore this outfit! Who needs conservative?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...